The weather! Oh, the weather! Is finally… not crummy! Actually, today was sunny and beautiful. Still a little chilly at only +6 but I was still able to wash both cars and take B for a walk around the block in his stroller. Tomorrow and the next day are supposed to be even nicer.
I was thinking today about what I was going to be blogging and remembered about the goals I had set at the beginning of April. Uh oh! Does that mean I forgot all about them? Um, maybe a little. Like any good habit, it takes a while to get into it regularly.
So let’s revisit last month’s goals and see where I’m at –
1. Cutting down sugar: I haven’t bought white sugar since writing that post. I have been using brown sugar to bake and in my oatmeal. I also use honey, maple syrup and dates to sweeten most of my food. I find that I have a horrible sugar crash if I go a whole day without something sweet. That should be my motivation but unfortunately, I’m not there yet.
2. More outdoor exercise while continuing my HIITs at home: I have been doing lots of HIIT at home. At least 4x a week. Which I think is pretty great! Today I went for a walk outside, but today was also the first day that it was warm enough to really enjoy it! I will try to start jogging a little now that’s nicer (I have a jogging stroller for when Chris isn’t home to watch B… there, I said it! No excuses).
3. Cut down the grocery bill: FAIL. Big fat fail. Will try again.
4. Be more positive and trusting: I think this one has been going well! I have been trying to gently nudge him into thinking about what is going to be happening in the next six months and I think he is getting my ‘sense of urgency’ a little more now.
Ok! Onto May’s goals. Which are really just continuations of April’s goals 🙂
1. Make more of an effort to eat well when Chris isn’t home. I have a green smoothie every morning but I need to make more of an effort through the WHOLE day. I have noticed a slight gain in my middle. Gotta keep that in check! It doesn’t help that we’ve all been feeling a little under the weather since we got home from Jasper.
2. Focus more on being active outside. Now that the weather is better, why not?! Plus it’s pretty easy to throw in a 15 minute HIIT routine at any point during the day, so that part’s not a problem.
3. CRUNCH THAT GROCERY BUDGET! The bane of my existence. This month will be kind of cheating though (next month, too) because Chris will be away! It will give me a chance to pare down the pantry though.
4. Keep up with the housework a smidgen better. I make the bed every day, do the dishes every night, and the laundry is always kept up. However, cleaning the floors and bathrooms have been thrown to the wayside lately. I need to get back on track with my Monday cleaning routine!
Wish me luck this month!